SC - rasher of bacon??

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Sep 13 20:08:28 PDT 1998

Rowen answered my question:

At 19:34 13/09/98 -0500, Stefan wrote:
>How much is a "Rasher of bacon"?

>It means one full slice - about 3" wide and a foot long in your measurements...

>It's the normal unit of measurement for bacon here - how else do you buy bacon?

Usually by the 1 pound or 1 1/2 pound package I believe. These packages have slices
of bacon about 1 to 1 1/2 inches wide, not 3 inches. I thought you might mean a
slice, but it didn't seem like enough bacon. I guess it isn't in our slices.

Ours also come either thickly or thinly sliced. They also vary in how much fat
there
is. I prefer to get those packages that have lean and fat in lines rather than
in globs.
For this reason I avoid the packages that don't let me see the back side or
all the
bacon. Most of the "brand-names" seem to want to hide the bacon behind the cardboard
packaging.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net