SC - Thoughts on Food

THLRenata at aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Mon Sep 14 15:28:43 PDT 1998

Genevia writes:

>>The only place I have ever seen cow's tongue cooked  was at a Bar Mitzvah.
It was ok but not wonderful as I recall.<<

It is on most deli menus here in L.A., but mostly in its (ugh!) pickeled
incarnation rather than in delicious roasted form.

In my family the tradition is that you can cook tongue or eat it -- not both.
Since I prefer to eat it, I've never cooked it.

To (sort of) tie this into another thread running on the list, when I was
growing up, we'd see whole tongues in the deli case and my older brother would
tell me that they were whale's tongues, 'cause neither of us little city kids
could imagine what else would have a mouth big enough to hold one of those
things!

Renata