SC - A question about larding

Jeff Botkins jbotkins at ime.net
Tue Sep 15 07:32:11 PDT 1998

You mention larding Venison.....anyway, what I've found to work rather
well, if you make a Rolled Roast anyway, is to roll around a nice chunk
of Beef Suet....keeps the meat nice and moist...well, that, and lots of
moisture in the pot.....
Or if you have some nice backstraps (tenderloin)...cut them nice and
thick (like 2 inches or so) and wrap them with a strip of bacon (pin it
with a toothpick or something)...then Broil them...but not too
long...it's best if the meat is nice and rare...

Just my 2 pence

Jeff