SC - Hastletes of Fruyt.

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Tue Sep 15 08:57:25 PDT 1998

Picking up the gauntlet (chef's apron)  Phillipa tries with:

Hastletes of Fruyt.

Take quartered figs, whole raisins and whole almonds, put them in some sort of
pan that can  be used over a spit ( to roast over a fire)
then  coat with a little egg yolk towards the end of the cooking (browning, I
think) to give it a golden color.
Then serve
It says "ryne hem on a spyt" which to me sounds like skewering, but how can
you shish-ka-bob an almond?  So I'd put it all up in some double sided grill
thingy that I could turn to cook both sides golden.
Take fyges iquarterid, raysouns hool, dates and