SC - A question about larding

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Tue Sep 15 10:35:17 PDT 1998

very simple, go to the nearest leather store, ask to see the type of neeedle that
you use to sew with thongs. they do not have eyes like regular needles, but are
designed so you insert the end of a 'thong' cut from a long strip of pork fat[this
is where bacon comes in handy if you dont have a butchers store nearby] and run it
through a cut of meat that isn't as well amrbled as you'd like it. i have seen
pretty patterns made by pulling the lardoon through in patterns sort of like
millefiore glass rods to be cut down into buttons andbeads.
margali