SC - That Boolmin' Onion thingy

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Sep 15 22:00:11 PDT 1998

Micaylah said:

>Bloomin' Onions may be off my list forever because of this one bad
>experience. Not too sure if I could try it again unless someone made it for
>me at home.

My HEB grocery started carrying a onion blossum kit. I'm not sure what it
exactly included because it was so tightly sealed in plastic that I couldn't
read the instructions or see exactly what was in it. I think it had some
breading and a plastic gizmo that lets you easily slice the onion. Put the
onion on one piece, top with the other piece and squeeze. Didn't buy one
becuase I thought $16 dollars was too high and we don't have a deep fryer.
part of why I wanted to read the instructions was to see if a deep fryer
was needed. It appears from the recipe given here that it probably is.

Anyway, if you make it at home, you might be able to use a different oil
or temperature and not have it end up so oily.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net