SC - Blowflies. Way, way, way OT and slightly silly

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Sep 16 05:39:44 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/16/98 1:20:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
sianan at geocities.com writes:

> Just kidding.  Blowflies are big, black flies.  Bigger than the usual ones
>  you find around the house.  They remind me a lot of big, black jelly beans
>  with wing, but I wouldn't eat one.  They seem drawn to all manner of
>  outside cooking, like ants and are quite annoying.

We have a similar creature in the Southeastern US, several types in
fact....depending on your definition. Your regular old blowfly is a big
metallic green colored beastie, and they sure love to lay eggs in food left
out. There's also a type that will actually inject an egg under the hide of
horses or cattle, the occasional dog, and if their desperate enough, people.
We call those blow flies too, but I bet their real name is something else.

Corwyn