SC - recipe database

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Wed Sep 16 21:48:19 PDT 1998

Julleran,

Some years ago, I started trying to list--by hand--all the different
recipes, etc.  I got a fair list of what manuscript source the recipies
in Pleyn Delight came from, but it sort of wimped out as I didn't have
many cookbooks, then.  I didn't carry through, but I think it's a great
idea.

My new copy of Scully's _The Vivendier_ has a table of recipes and
concordances in the Enseignments (I've never seen that-- it precedes
Viandier.  The PHD dissertation on it now at the printers is in French,
anyone know of it in English? )  and Viandier.  Is this the sort of thing
you mean?

Margaret and I found that we had copies of some of the same recipies from
different sources, and occasionally there were redactions in one source
or another.  It was quite helpful in cross-checking.
Or do you just mean to list all the recipies under 'beef', 'veggies',
etc.?  ANY concorance of any kind would be useful.  If you just use the
title, could you have a category for main ingredient?

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com