SC - A Question about thriddendele.

The Cheshire Cat sianan at geocities.com
Sat Sep 19 00:16:57 PDT 1998

Hello all,

  Another question from me, don't I seem a little dumb with all these
questions.
   I was looking at a recipe for Payn Ragoun in Curye on Inglysch.  As far
as I can tell it's a type of pine nut candy, and I came across a mystery
ingredient which I wouldn't have a clue as to what it is or what it does.
The recipe calls it thriddendele.  Would anyone here have any ideas as to
what it is, does and where I can get it if possible.

Here's the recipe to help put the word in context

Payne Ragoun.
(Curye on Inglysch)

Take hony and sugur cipre and clarifie it togydre, and boile it with esy
fyre, and kepe it wel fro brenyng. And whan it hath yboiled a while, take
up a drope therof with thy fyngur and do it in a litel water, and loke if
it hong togydre; and take it fro the fyre and do therto pynes the
thriddendele & powdour gyngeuer, and stere it togyder til it bigynne to
thik, and cast it on a wete table; lesh it and serue it forth with fryed
mete, on flessh dayes or on fisshe dayes.

Thanks for any suggestions
- -A stumped Sianan

Marina Denton
sianan at geocities.com

        Logic is a systematic way of arriving at the wrong conclusion in
	confidence.