SC - oh-oh...Totally OOP

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Sat Sep 19 14:39:19 PDT 1998

Bear,

Thank you. The Flieshmanns says its dry active yeast so I think I'll take
your advice and go ahead and try it. I'll try it without the pretest and see
what happens. If it doesn't do what its supposed to, I'll try again with the
pretest AFTER buying new yeast. Will let you know how they turn out
tomorrow, as these are make ahead and can sit in your fridge (after all the
fiddely stuff) for 12-48 hours so that you can bake them fresh and warm for
a Sunday morning brekkie. Mmmmm.

Micaylah

>I don't know diddly about RH SAF Yeast, but from the way the recipe is
>written, it calls for a dry active yeast.
>
>Dry active yeast can be added directly to the dry ingredients and is
>supposed to activate when the liquid dissolves it.  This is sometimes done
>to keep the yeast from losing potency when quickly blended with hot or cold
>liquids.  Only problem, you don't know if the yeast has activated until the
>dough doesn't rise.
>
>These days, I cheat and proof the yeast with a little water and pinch of
>sugar and stir it into the dry ingredients before adding the liquids.  You
>really don't need the sugar, but it activates the yeast faster and better.
>
>Bear

 I am grateful that I am not as judgemental as
all those censorious, self-righteous people around me.