SC - URL: weights and measures in English-speaking lands

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Mon Sep 21 10:18:03 PDT 1998

Though there are a plethora of unit conversion websites online,
I thought this website might be of interest to people. Conversion
sites don't help you learn the why of conversion or the how. They
just do the conversion for you.

At the web-home of M. Grieve's Herbal (OOP), is the information
on weights and measures in English-speaking lands from the
Steadman Shorter's Medical Dictionary dated 1943. I've used
this site numerous times when redacting late period cooking,
alchemical, and herbal recipes that require measurements not
typically used in the United States. The URL is:

http://www.botanical.com/botanical/medictwm.html

Enjoy,

Jasmine

Jasmine de Cordoba, Midrealm (Metro-Detroit area of Michigan)
jasmine at infoengine.com or g.walli at infoengine.com

"Si enim alicui placet mea devotio, gaudebo; si autem
nulli placet, memet ipsam tamen juvat quod feci."
- -- Hroswith of Gandersheim