SC - Subtlety Question

kat kat at kagan.com
Wed Sep 23 10:57:14 PDT 1998

al-Sayyid Ras writes:

> Why not? We did a treasure chest as you describe several years ago.
> Since most 'pirate' type events are actually very LATE period, the inclusion
> of the coims makes the kids (and adults) happy, does very little to detract
> from the ambience of the event and make a WONDERFULLY nice filler in
> between the more period stuff.

> Ras ( No, I'm not crazy or titched, just practical AT THE MOMENT.
> < gasp>.  :-))

Wise and noble Ras, though I would in ordinary circumstances defer to the wisdom of your experienced years, I must in this singular case refuse.  (Whew!  ;-) )

Actually, two (well, OK, three) things are preventing me from taking non-period shortcuts in this subtlety unless I *absolutely have* to:

1)	There has already been *such* a hoo-hah in our group about pirates and not-being-period and glorification-of-violence and so on and so on, that I am extremely hesitant to cross any more lines;

2)	I have just taken on the responsibility for our Kingdom's Cookerie Guild, and I have something of a duty to be *really* period;

3)	Damnfool pride.  :-)

Thanks for the advice, though; I do appreciate it...

Hugs,

	- k

"Live, live, live!  Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!"

       - Auntie Mame