SC - Air pollutants - OOP

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Wed Sep 23 17:34:59 PDT 1998

> This also goes for the leather workers, and some metal workers.
> Ever smelled a smelter??  Birmingham used to have some really interesting
> smells before all the smelters closed.
>
> Mordonna

The steel mills in Pittsburgh had lovely smells when the compressors went.  It
sent sulfur dioxide into the air (along with a good many other things) which
smells like rotten eggs.  We had a boy burn some in a chemistry lab once to get
out of lab (for two weeks till the scent cleared enough to return).

Brenna