Lo-Carb [was: Re: SC - More boring pig facts-OT-OOP]

Brenna of Lyonsbane sunnie at exis.net
Thu Sep 24 19:21:30 PDT 1998

> Me too!  I've just started the New Improved Atkins.  My mum lost 8
> pounds in her first two weeks, so I'm impressed.  This is going to be a
> big adjustment.

Yes, the changes in the New VS Old Atkins are miniscule, but they make a world
of difference!

> Planning a tourney lunch for this weekend will be interesting.  Probably
> lots of cheesy things with celery sticks as substrate.  I plan to do
> some Scientific Experiments this week with the permitted soy flour
> pancakes and spice/texture variations -- maybe plainer flatbreads as
> well.  Soy Lefse, anyone?  Soy pappadums?  [Norwegian and East Indian,
> respectively, before anyone asks.]

Watch out!  Soy does have carbs.  Ideas for feast....take along hard boiled
eggs, cheese, green salad (or just a tomato, carrot sticks, olives, cucumber,
etc), savory cheese is great on this! (a whole batch has 8 grams, and who can
eat a whole batch in a day?) and over asparagus or beans (I didn't say the g
word, guys!) that you can have, it's heaven.  I am packing for a feast this
Saturday and all of the above are going with me (as well as my diet tea and
Fresca, since we all know that I can't find them on site).  Also, if you pack
ice in a container in your cooler, you have ice water for the day (as that
ketosis kicks in and you get thirsty).  Good luck.  BTW, I'm a year in and 75
pound lighter.

Brenna