SC - Apician Ham PERNAM

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Sat Sep 26 16:29:48 PDT 1998

IIRC, we discussed on the list the omission of simple things that "everybody
knows" and especially in Apicius they omit salt, stock and other goodies. I
figured that I could salt the braising liquid, but thought that the additional
complex flavor of garum  would augment the bay leaves and figs nicely, so I
winged it in. I felt that salting the braising liquid would not work with the
figs as well either.