SC - Ovens-Ovens-Ovens...

Tue Sep 29 12:02:35 PDT 1998

> Aoife
>
> PS didn't get to test the baking kettle idea (no lid yet), HOWEVER, Bear's
> description could be my kettle in the 15 gallon variety. It made that
> medieval ribs recipe with no problem whatsoever. They were gooooooooood,
> made exactly as the recipe specifies. Next time I'll use more wine!

The tripod for the Welsh kettle is actually a frame under the kettle holding
the base about 18 inches or so off the ground.  A tripod and chain system
should work as well.  The design is such, that I believe the fire was kept
burning rather than letting it go to coals.  The idea is to keep the bottom
from getting too hot and burning the bread.

Bear