SC - artichokes-warning

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Wed Sep 2 16:49:54 PDT 1998

perhaps the artichoke we get from California (ahhh...deep fried artichoke
hearts, hot from a roadside stand...) are not the same ones that are so
painful? I too find it unlikely that those delicate hairs could cause much
problem (other than a vague unpleasantness). But I've seen artichokes up
here in Washington state that could do some serious damage.

I bet its a varietal difference.
- --Anne-Marie, who misses the artichokes of her California youth...up here
they're a buck a piece and like cardboard. boo hoo!