SC - Recipe for fruited beef

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Wed Sep 2 20:23:41 PDT 1998

Diamond wrote:

> Does anyone have a recipe for fruited beef ? I thought for sure that my
> books would have them but 2 of them are missing : ( and they are probably
> the ones that had the recipe that I remembered seeing.
> The venison that I was hoping to get fell through so I now need some kind
> of meat dish for a feast that I am doing at the end of this month. Any
> ideas ?
> Thanks,
> Arabella

There was a rubbed beef recipie on here 6 months or so ago.  I can try to locate
it if you wish.  It was sliced beef, rubbed with spices, then wound together and
cooked over a spit (but can probably be done in an oven as well).  As I
remember, it sounded delicious at the time.  I personally am trying to pull off
roast chickens with a Scott oatmeal stuffing at my feast in December. (Recipie
for the stuffing is also available if you wish to try this.)  (Yes, I know,
don't pack them or the expanding stuffing will burst the birds during cooking.)
;)  I'm also trying wassil.  I think it will go great on the dessert table
during the dancing.  Anyone else have any good ideas for specifically winter
recipies?  I have a menu planned so far, but I could always go for a few new
ideas along the way.

Brenna