SC -Simmering cream sauce, was Fried/fri

The Cheshire Cat sianan at geocities.com
Wed Sep 2 23:41:15 PDT 1998

>>> use some of the
>broth in making a basic cream sauce, put it in an old dutch oven, drop
>beaten
>biscuits on the top, cover and simmer til the biscuits are done.<<
>

>This is the second time in a week or two that I've read of simmering
>things in cream sauce.  Maybe the other was from Mordona?  I always
>learned to make a cream sauce by cooking it last, simmering just until
>the raw flour taste was gone and you could see it 'shine', then serving
>immediately.  We never let it just keep cooking, or cook things in it.
>Cooked items were added to it.  Do others use it as a cooking liquid?
>You are both talking about the butter/flour roux with milk, aren't you?
>

>Regards,
>
>Allison

  I don't know about these two, but the one I posted regarding artichokes
consisted of cream, sugar and spices.  And them I specified "taking care
not to boil".  Was this one of the ones you were thinking of.  It does talk
about warming the artichoke bottoms in the sauce, but since it wasn't a
roux style cream sauce, I don't think it matters that much.

- -Sianan

Marina Denton
sianan at geocities.com

        Logic is a systematic way of arriving at the wrong conclusion in
	confidence.