SC - Edibility of lavender

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Sep 3 06:32:15 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/3/98 2:13:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time, allilyn at juno.com
writes:

<<  Is it really edible?  >>

SFAIK, yes.  It appears in several Middle Eastern recipe in al-Baghdadi and is
consumed to this day.  It is listed as an edible flower in one of my herb
books.

<<Do I just toss it into the simmering liquid ?...>>

Use it like you would any other fresh herb.  It should be used judiciously in
much the same way as roses or it produces an overpowering perfume scent and
flavor which some people find objectionable.

<< Any cautions on eating lavender?>>

See above.

 <<Regards,

 Allison >>