SC - Crown feast

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Thu Sep 3 21:17:56 PDT 1998

I've forgotton who started the castle subtlety thread.  Can your e-mail
take attachments?  Lady (now Mistress) Estrid of the Golden Braids did a
beautiful castle, and made her period barley sugar candy for the stained
glass window, lit by candles hidden in the bailey.  I've got a snapshot
of it, and it's possible I might be able to send it to you if you want to
see it.  IIRC, the walls were cookie--gingerbread?  Not the soft stuff of
modern gingerbread that's like cake, but close to the period lebkuchen.

I don't know where she is, now, and would love to locate her.  I don't
think she'd mind my bragging about her or showing off her work.  She also
used a watermelon for a Viking longship.  The shields at the sides were
orange slices.

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com