SC - Re: Christmas Gifts

James L. Matterer jlmatterer at labyrinth.net
Mon Sep 7 15:59:04 PDT 1998

Greetings Lords & Ladies all,
   I've recently received a letter from a woman in England who is
looking for some sort of Medieval sweet or candy to send to her friends
at Christmas time; ideally, she is looking for something that could be
individually wrapped and placed in decorative glass jars or containers.
I've considered the gingerbread/honey candy (as found in Pleyn Deliet,
Two 15th C. Cookery-Books, etc.) but don't feel that it's appropriate.
This, of course, has got me seriously wondering about the many different
types of Medieval candies and sweets that there are! Does anyone have
any favorites they'd like to share, or have any suggestions I could send
my English friend?
   Much thanks for your attention!

Master Huen/Jim Matterer
- --