SC - chocolate gravy

LHG, JRG liontamr at ptd.net
Mon Sep 14 06:43:13 PDT 1998

For the sake of my arteries and my tendancy to gorge on ANYTHING chocolate
until it is gone and I am quite ill, PLEASE DO NOT post the recipe! Think
of my waistline! Think of the springs in my easy chair! Think of the stress
on my poor, creaking knees!

Temptation, thy name is Master A! Get thee behind me!

Aoife, suddenly developing that nervous tic again.....

David C. Walker wrote:

> Hello good gentile.....
>
>         I am seeking a mundane recipe for chocolate gravy.
>         And while I at it...is this a southern thing or what?
>
> Thanks,
> Dafydd the Bald

It's my understanding that chocolate gravy is a _rural_ southern thing. My
source for the recipe comes from Arkansas, and I've never met anyone else
who
knew how to make it, although it's very simple. Basically a flour-thickened
milk gravy with cocoa and sugar in it, eaten on biscuits. I've posted this
before, but does anyone else want this recipe? Depending on what people say
today, I'll either send it privately, or repost it.

Adamantius
- - --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com