SC - Mead-Advise and Warning-OT-OOP

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Thu Sep 10 06:02:14 PDT 1998

atargatis at hotmail.com writes:

> My other question is who would drink this back then.  Was it a peasant
>  drink?  Merchant?  Or would nobility drink this stuff?

EVERYBODY who could afford it drank mead. There's even small mead assumed to
have been made from comb washings. There is a lot of speculation among brewing
types that ale was invented as a cheaper substitute to mead...<g> Mead is
recognised as mankinds second oldest drink in those circles. Most of us who
make it lapse rapsodic about it. You'd think we'd give more credit to the
bees...<g>

Corwyn