SC - SC Another newbie question

Heather L. Markle hlmarkle at ulster.net
Thu Sep 10 08:37:35 PDT 1998

Hi Glo!

First of all you are not stupid.

Second of all, you have done the right thing by ordering a great book, read
it from cover to cover.

Third of all, and the best way: volunteer to help in event kitchens! This
is how we all got our start and its the best way to learn. And Kitcheners
are always looking for help!

Keep your eyes & ears open, and ask plenty of questions! You'll do great.

>What books or steps should a newbie take to start getting the basics? I
>have been to a few renassance (?) fairs and seen how a little of the
>cooking is done but from what I hear on this list even the cooking
>preparation is differnt. Am I right? Maybe I am trying to make this harder
>than it really is. I hate being this stupid!!
>
>HELP!!
>
>Glo

Heather L Markle (hlmarkle at ulster.net)
aka
Signora Catalina D'Oro

"Could you spin my chickens for me?" Pennsic 27