SC - Question for Cariadoc about another Garlicky Chicken

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Sep 10 12:47:17 PDT 1998

At 9:28 AM -0400 9/10/98, CorwynWdwd at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 9/8/98 12:17:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ddfr at best.com
>writes:
>
>> Saffron is always an error.
>Maybe this was covered elsewhere... but I got to know... is this a personal
>thing or do I need to read up on some cultural taboo?

I don't like the taste of saffron. Hence we occasionally warn people that
our worked out recipes, like anyone else's, are biased by the tastes of
those who worked them out--we tend to use saffron in small quanitities. The
argument is summarized by "saffron is a scribal error." That also
summarizes the general problem of people's tendency to reinterpret data to
fit what they want it to be.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/