SC - Candy Bubbles - rambling

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Thu Sep 10 21:56:08 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/10/98 10:31:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
chickengoddess at mindspring.com writes:

<< Gosh, I don't
 suppose I could use a jewelers torch on sugar, whaddaya think Cariadoc?

 Rhiannon Cathaoir-mor
 on way too much benadryl thanks to thousand year old eggs >>

	Why not? It's fairly common practice to use a small torch in professional
kitchens to carmelize the sugar on creme brulee--I've even done it myself. And
I'd think that a stationary torch, such as the one you use for lampworking,
would be ideal. I'd want to have both hands free to use on the blowpipe,
myself...... ;-)

			Ldy Diana