SC - Roast beef

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Thu Sep 10 23:22:50 PDT 1998

hiya from Anne-Marie

the meat is "pressed under a weight" as described in several contemporary
recipes. Mostly, the weight seems to compress the fibres to result in a
wonderful, almost proscutto like texture. Alas, the recipe itself is from
our old Guild files (like some of the stuff is about 20 years old). The
only source information is that it's "Elizabethan", and while I couldnt
find exactly the same recipe (i'm betting its from some obscure secondary
source), I found a number of other recipes that involved the same
techniques.

OK, I'm busted. Its not my normal anal retentive stick to the primary
source stuff, but dang the stuff is good!!!!
- --AM