SC - Gravlax and the thingy recipe (a bit OT)

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Mon Sep 14 01:55:24 PDT 1998

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, needlwitch at msn.com wrote:

> I shall endever to find my recipe for gravlax (I know it's around here
> somehere, probably with Elvis and Jimmy Hoffa in the closet ;-) ) IIRC, it

And what, pray tell, are Elvis and Jimmy Hoffa doing in your closet?

> is thin filets of salmon that have layers of salt and dill between them, and
> are pressed under weights. The salt absorbs the moisture from the salmon and
> dries it after a fashion, and the dill flavors it. I will post the recipe as
> soon as I find it.

And if not I'll have to retype one out of one of my Swedish cookbooks.
But based on what I recall your description sounds about right. Yummy
stuff, can't see why anyone would put it under the "wierd food" label.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                   parlei(at)algonet.se
http://www.algonet.se/~parlei
If NT is the answer, you don't understand the question