SC - The thingy recipe (a bit OT)

needlwitch@msn.com needlewitch at email.msn.com
Mon Sep 14 14:31:03 PDT 1998

Just because you wander,
doesn't mean you're lost.
- -----Original Message-----
From: Craig Jones. <craig.jones at airservices.gov.au>
To: sca-cooks <sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG>
Date: Sunday, September 13, 1998 6:32 PM
Subject: SC - Gravlax and the thingy recipe (a bit OT)

>Alys' recipe for bull penis:  Is it period and is the recipe
>available.  I'd love to serve this at a feast (if I could get my hands
>on half a dozen thingys).
>
>Cheers,
>
>Drake.

Here is the recipie I have. Remember, you asked for it. :-)

Petits Propos Culinaires printed an article in 1987 entitled "Udder and
Other Extremeties: Recipes from the Jews of Yemen" by Barbara
Kirshenblatt-Gimblett.

Geed (penis of ox or bull)
500 grams penis               black pepper
1 tomato, chopped             cumin
1 onion chopped               saffron
cloves of garlic              salt
coriander
Scald the penis and clean it. Boil 10 minutes, remove and slice. Brown the
onion, garlic, coriander in oil. Add penis and fry. Mix (and add) chopped
tomato, pepper, cumin, saffron and salt. cover the pot. Cook over low flame
2
hours, adding a little water from time to time to prevent burning. Serve
hot.

Enjoy. Thorbjorn the Cook