SC - Gravlax 2

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Mon Sep 14 16:53:20 PDT 1998

- ------=_NextPart_000_01BDE019.52D5F600

Phlip

Phlip at bright.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,
- ------=_NextPart_000_01BDE019.52D5F600

<HTML>
<!060700.htm Created on 06-26-1997>
<HEAD><TITLE>Gravlax V</TITLE><base target=3D"home">
=20
<BODY background=3D"../images/tanpaper.jpg" text=3D"#000000" =
link=3D"#008080" vlink=3D"#FFFF00" alink=3D"#ff00ff">
=20
<B><H2 ALIGN=3DCENTER><I>GRAVLAX V</I></H2></B>
=20
<UL>
<LI>1 center cut salmon cut into 2 fillets( 5 Lbs),  boned
<LI>2 1/2 TBS salt mixed with:
<LI>1 1/2 TBS sugar
<LI>Fresh Dill
<LI>Spruce twigs (if available)
<LI>4 or 5 TBS Cognac
</UL>
=20
<P>Debone the tiny bones on the edge of the fillets with tweezer or =
pliers.
If you have spruce twigs, cover the bottom of porcelain, enamel or glass
dish with them. Then put a layer of fresh dill on top. (I use my enamel
broiling pan.)</P>
=20
<P>Rub the fleshy side with salt/sugar combo and sprinkle on the Cognac. =
If you
have two fillets, put them together flesh sides facing, skin on top and
bottom. For one fillet, put skin side down. Cover with more dill. =
Stretch
plastic wrap over all and weight down with cutting board. Place some =
heavy
objects or cans of food on the board.</P>
=20
<P>Refrigerate for 2-3 days basting fish 2 or 3 times. Turn fillets =
around
(bottom on top) and refrigerate and baste for another 2 days. (4-5 days =
in all)</P>
=20
<P>To serve, cut very thin slices started at the larger end.</P>
=20
<P>NOTE : Fish will keep for up to two weeks under refrigeration which =
makes
it an idea do ahead dish for a party. I made it for each of my three =
son's
Bar Mitzvas and it was always the hit of the party. I used to have a =
spruce
tree in my yard and the twigs add a very authentic flavor, but it is =
still
delicious without the spruce.</P>
=20
<P>From: <A HREF=3D"mailto:jcs at mindspring.com"><I>Judith Sobel =
(jcs at mindspring.com)</I></A></P>
=20
<HR>
=20
<P ALIGN=3DCENTER>
[ <A HREF=3D"homepage.htm">Archives Homepage</A> ][
<A HREF=3D"venindex.htm">Ventures Index</A> ]
=20
</BODY>
</HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_01BDE019.52D5F600--