SC - Apples Galore!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Sep 15 21:11:59 PDT 1998

Ras asked:
In a message dated 9/14/98 1:44:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time, stefan at texas.net
writes:

<<  Maybe something else was wrong, but the
 juice started growing wierd stuff rather quickly. The first of several
 failed attempts at cider. >>

*If the wierd stuff was white and sort of ropy, I would suspect your had the
*beginnings of a good mother wort for cider vinegar. Did you let it take it's
*course or did you discard it?

It was six or seven years ago, so I don't remember if there were other odd
things growing in it, but yes, white and ropy sounds familar. No it got
thrown out pretty quick. Even had I known of making vinegar that way, I
probably would still think it was bad.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net