SC - time

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Sep 22 12:57:06 PDT 1998

Cindy Renfrow wrote:

> How long does it take to say an Ave Maria?
>
> Cindy

Maybe it would be best to judge for yourself (with my apologies for those
inclined against this sort of thing):

Ave Maria, gratia plena
Dominus tecum, benedicta tu
In muli eribus et benedictus
Fructus ventris tui Jesus.
Sancta Maria, Sancta Maria,
Maria ora pro nobis,
Nobis pecatoribus,
Nunc et in ora,
In ora mortis nostrae.
Amen

This is the Latin lyric as set to Schubert's tune, but it's pretty close to
the original prayer, SFAIK, except for the various repetitions (Sancta Maria,
Sancta Maria, Maria etc.) which I don't believe occur in the "original", which
is presumably in Aramaic anyway. I'd guess it represents a block of time
roughly equivalent to between twenty seconds and half a minute

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com