SC - Subtlety Question

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Sep 23 07:13:18 PDT 1998

> Does anyone have any ideas for the treasure itself?  I've already contemplated making strings
> of "pearls" out of either carved almonds, marzipan or hard candy (I think I'll go with the
> marzipan; it sounds MUCH easier!) and probably doing hard-candy "gems" and marzipan or pastry
> "cameos" and "enamel."
>
> BUT... can anyone come up with an idea for gold coins?  (No, I am *not* going to get those
> nasty-tasting mostly-wax chocolate coins, bleah.)  Or, failing that, gold or silver ingots?
>

> Best,
>
> 	- kat

As others have mentioned, using edible gold and silver leaf would really work well here. I
was thinking of marzipan "coins" or even cookies with a simple icing to hold down the leaf.
The sugar, honey, and nut "nuggets" are a good idea or you can make shortbreads and slice
them into "ingots" of silver and gold.

You may even think about using sugar plate and making gold and silver platters and goblets.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Yers,

Gunthar