SC - Stefan's oven info

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Sep 24 21:55:08 PDT 1998

Anne-Marie said...
>so, I'm going down to So Cal in November for a 15th century demo. It
>occurred to us that it might be fun to build and use a brick oven.

>I know there's a couple folks on this list with experience in building and
>using such things...so lay it on me!....

And Micaylah answered with:

>I too am very interested in the construction of ovens. I want to build one
>next year when I do a challenge and recreate a field kitchen at an event.

Check this file in the FOOD section of my Florilegium:

ovens-msg         (78K)  9/11/98    Medieval ovens and SCA camp ovens.

There have been numerous discussions of ovens and camp ovens here and
on the Rialto over the years.

I heard there was an oven at one of the camps next to the Enchanted
Ground this year at Pennsic, but unfortunately never made it over
there this year.

My files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous