SC - Greetings

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Sat Sep 26 15:00:20 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/26/98 12:10:59 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
Marian.DeBorah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu writes:

>  There is all this talk of getting the super-pasteurized Creamline milk.
>  Wouldn't powdered milk work just as well?

EWWWWWWWWWW!
NO!
Cream line milk is pastuerized, but not homogenized.  That means that the
germs have been cooked, but the cream and whey are not mixed, so the cream
gradually floats to the top and forms a "plug".  Most cows produce milk that
is higher in butterfat than 4%.  In standard homogenized milk found in the
grocery, they remove a lot of the cream, and homogenize it so the cream does
not separate.  What we are talking about here is milk that has a fairly high
butterfat content and is not homogenized, so one can skim the cream off the
top and use it for recipes calling for cream.  Powdered milk is almost always
low-to-none in butterfat.  and besides, it tastes nasty.  This stuff tastes
wonderful.

Mordonna