SC - Herbal Question - never mind! :-)

kat kat at kagan.com
Mon Sep 28 13:09:02 PDT 1998

<< Got my answer, thanks to an herbalist friend and Stefan's Florilegium.

 Thanks everyone!

 	- k >>

Ras asks:

> And the answer was......?

My apologies for not thinking to post this.  :-)  Two substitution suggestions were given in the Florilegium file on rue; one woman described its taste as quite reminiscent of cilantro and another person stated she substituted hyssop for it.

My friend who needed the substitution info and I discussed the recipe.  As it *already* included cilantro and she was unable to acquire hyssop either, we decided it would be best to go a little more generously on the cilantro to compensate, and otherwise not worry about it

Unfortunately, only two students were at the cooking workshop when my sweetie and I got there, so the dish didn't get made.  I arrived rather late and was unable to help with much of anything except the tasting.  :-)

I'll post recipes, etc., if I get a chance later on in the week.  The one bright bit of news I can bring you was, at the tasting (as we were all exclaiming over the wonderful dishes), I commented, "Medieval food really *is* wonderful, isn't it?" and the two new convert----erhhh, students both agreed.  :-)

Best,

	- kat