SC - potatoes

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Mon Sep 28 18:01:08 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/28/98 2:58:31 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
ofaolain at gte.net writes:

>  I thought potatoes were period in Ireland... if I am mistaken... please
>  let me know.

Nope, potatoes, both yams and regular Idaho potatoes are only native to the
New World.  Of course, there is evidence to suggest that Irish traveling monks
did make it to the New World, but if they did, they didn't make it back.

Mordonna DuBois
Haven of Warriors
Atenveldt
Atenveldt