SC - first time feast planing

Helen him at gte.net
Wed Sep 30 14:07:53 PDT 1998

Greetings all,
	This is my first time to do this (for my spring wedding) and I have
read alot of the nice links I have been sent.  I also have read other
links I have found on my own on the web.  So many, (almost all) of the
recipes call for almond milk.   I read that they used that because fresh
milk was hard to get and keep.
	 My Groom does not like nuts at all, so I need to limit the use of
almonds. (like only one or two dishes)  In the mid 12th cen. would
everything be baked in a crust?  I was wanting to do soup, stew, salad,
pie (eel?), salmon, fowl, roast pig.  The side dishes have not been
picked yet.  I wanted alot of different kinds of dishes. (and I need to
appeal to the modern tastes of my family)  Is it possible, that the
written recipes would not have covered the plain ol' spit roasting, as
no one needed to be told how to do that?  I want to cook as much as I
can outside.  I want to bake very little.

			Any thoughts?  Thanks,
				Helen
- --
"If life turned out like we planed it, what would be the point of living
it?"