SC - Apicius and Fried Chicken

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Sep 1 22:03:42 PDT 1998

Balldrich asked:

        This may sound a bit strange but I was offered a medium sized ostrich the
other night, REALLY!  Any ideas/methods to try to cook about 75-90 pounds
of bird in one sitting.  Most methods of preparation I see mean tearing the
bird into pieces.  I was hoping to find a method of cooking it in one
piece!  Anyone got any ideas?  I believe it will be frozen when I get it
and my freezer is not that big!  Workable plans for a building a one time
use bee hive oven, anyone?

I'm not sure if this solves your problem, but surprisingly this message from my
exotic-meats-msg file also concerns Apicius.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net