SC -lavender overdose

Jgoldsp at aol.com Jgoldsp at aol.com
Thu Sep 3 07:47:46 PDT 1998

You can use lavender in cooking provided it is not processes for purfume use.
Since your friends gave you the plant I assume that it is pestacide free and
usable for food.
 Lavender is used in herbs de provence check the listing of an imported
container from France,now for uses it tends to be rather strong and can
overpower other herbs so use it sparingly This especially true in anything you
would cook or stew for a period of time.Lavender is very good in marinades for
poultry or as a compound butter for grilled or "brochette" item{fancy term for
broiled small peices of meat and veg.} The dried flower work well in sauces
for pork or chicken again sparingly used the leaves can also be used in
compound sallets if cut small and mixed with other herbs I think the "buzz"
word here is moderationand on aparting note chicken brochettes with alavender-
orange butter are a very nice late summer dish with aliitle rice almondene a
green salad some crusty bread a nice fruity rhine wine or even gasp,a nuevo
buljula{Iknow wrong spelling} finish it all off with some nice ripe pears a
blue cheese like stilton or if not that a camenbere or brie and a late harvest
reisling. Makes you feel like your in the south of france wish I was there
:Joram