SC - Trying new stuff

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Sep 7 20:55:52 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/7/98 10:36:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nordgate at worldnet.att.net writes:

<< I was supposed to come out with a ricotta type cheese but instead I've got
cream
 cheese. I'm not sure what I did wrong. It tastes fine but I am going to have
to put it in a mold. I also made some of Mistress Christiana's Brwi. It turned
out fine. If anyone out there makes cheese let me know what I did wrong.
 Thanks,
 Arabella >>

Did you put it in a cheesecloth and hang it to dry? This would allow the whey
to thouroghly drain from it and should change the texture also. Many times
cheeses were pressed in molds to achieve the final product. This is off the
cuff, so to speak, but I have made yogurt cheese before and hang it in
cheesecloth for a couple of extra days under refrigeration. This dries it out
somewhat and makes for a superior product, IMO.

Hope this helps.

Ras