SC - Re: Christmas Gifts

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Sep 8 21:11:43 PDT 1998

Master Huen asked:

>This, of course, has got me seriously wondering about the many different
>types of Medieval candies and sweets that there are! Does anyone have
>any favorites they'd like to share, or have any suggestions I could send
>my English friend?

I've only done one candy (and those who were at the Pennsic get-together
can atest that the result was an ah, mixed success) so I can't give you
any favorite recommendations. But you might want to take a look at these
files in the FOOD-SWEETS section of my Florilegium files:

candy-msg        (109K)  8/31/98    Period candy. Recipes. Candied fruit peels.
Roses-a-Sugar-art (21K)  7/15/98    "Divers Pretty Things Made Of Roses &
Sugar"
                                       by Mistress Renata Kestryl of Highwynds.
Sugarplums-art    (19K)  7/15/98    "Visions of Sugarplums" by Mistress
                                       Renata Kestryl of Highwynds.

My files are at: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net