SC - Anglo-Saxon food/drink???

kat kat at kagan.com
Thu Sep 10 18:06:13 PDT 1998

I don't know if any of you are following the "1000 Years in 500 Days" history being put together by the British newspaper "The Guardian," (but here's the web site if you're not; it's fascinating):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/millennium/archive.html

Anyway, on their Day 6 story, they linked an interesting writeup on Anglo-Saxon food and drink; I thought y'all might like to check it out:

http://www.ftech.net/~regia/food.htm

Thoughts, from anyone else who's read this?  I don't know where their source material comes from (though they refer a couple of times to items found at excavations) but I'd love to hear another opinion...

	- kat

- --kat griffith, editor--

This is my business address.  Sending files of over 100K in size to this address will result in my being summarily flogged.