SC - SC Another newbie question

THLRenata at aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Thu Sep 10 18:10:45 PDT 1998

Glo wrote:

>>  What books or steps should a newbie take to start getting the basics? I
have been to a few renassance (?) fairs and seen how a little of the cooking
is done but from what I hear on this list even the cooking preparation is
differnt. Am I right? Maybe I am trying to make this harder than it really is.
I hate being this stupid!!<<

Welcome to the list!

I recommend Cindy Renfrow's "Take 1000 Eggs or More" volumes 1 & 2. Volume 1
has recipes translated into more understandable English, then redacted into
recipes a modern cook can understand. Volume 2 has more recipes translated,
but not redacted. It does contain helpful hints for redacting them on your
own.

They are available from Acanthus Books (Acanthusbk at aol.com) or from the SCA
Stockclerk. Cindy is also on this list.

Renata