SC - Spinach Tarte from Menagier-

Erin Kenny Erin.Kenny at sofkin.ca
Fri Sep 11 07:27:57 PDT 1998

Cariadoc wrote:

> While you're waiting, here's our redaction (and the original) from the
> Miscellany:
> --
> Spinach Tart
>  Goodman p. 278/23 -"A Tart" (GOOD)

<snip>

> We usually substitute spinach for beet leaves, dried
> chervil for fresh, and fennel seed for fresh fennel leaves because of
> availability.

GO FOR THE BEET GREENS!!!   (not a criticism -- I understand the
difficulties in procuring them)  Beet greens have a much milder
flavour than spinach, and usually you can get them for a song at a
market (I have yet to pay for any of mine -- the farmers just ask if
I have any rabbits and then scratch their heads).

Claricia
 not a great spinach fan