SC - Spinach Tarte

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Fri Sep 11 13:12:33 PDT 1998

this specifically refers to good old water, the universal constant!
margali

Mordonna22 at aol.com wrote:

> 1 cup = 8 liquid oz.= 8 oz. by volume
> period.  End of story.
> However, if you are measuring by weight you should not say 1 cup, (which
> indicates volume), you should say 8 oz. (or 1/2 pound which is less confusing)
> I was not confused about volume oz. vs. weight oz. when I was growing up until
> someone tried to convince me that "a pint's a pound the world around."
>
> Mordonna

[also, in pretty much every class i have taken, there is a big difference in the
volume of a wet cup vs a dry cup-wet is in liquid oz, dry is by volume. if you
wander over to the us dept of standards listing of weights and measures, you will
find this out]