SC - Apples Galore!

TANTRALYA at aol.com TANTRALYA at aol.com
Sat Sep 12 15:47:06 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/12/98 5:49:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
atargatis at hotmail.com writes:

<< Does anyone have any good recipes for apples?  There are a thousand on
 our trees, and I can only make so much apple sauce!  These appear to be
 baking apples (they don't taste that good when you eat them plain).

M'Lady

One of the things I was taught at a very early age was to make strudel dough(
you can use commercial phylo dough if you don't know how to make it) and make
a cooked apple filling.  The rest of the apples can be made into apple crisp,
apple pie, apple butter (yummy on bread, oatmeal, or any starch), and apple
cake.  If you wish to have any of my recipes for any of the above, feel free
to email me and request it.

One warning: the apple strudel is from the old country.  A VERY old family
receipt.  It takes almost 5 lbs of butter, and makes a strudel that is four
foot long and a foot wide.  BUT.....the work is worth the effort.  One one-
inch slice has about 400 calories, tastes like homemade sin and is impressive
as hell :-).

Diana