SC - Re: Baconn'd Herring - long

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Sun Sep 13 08:43:38 PDT 1998

In classic french "nouvelle cuisine" [the french haute cuisine of the 18th and
19th centuries] baconnade refers to a meal that is almost all deriven from pig
products. Keeping in mind that a free range pig would tend to be leaner than
ours today, or that the meaning of bacon may have originally included other cuts
than the belly [cf canadian bacon...] it may turn out like salmon based
'chicken' cordon bleu.
food for thought?
ducking and running
margali