SC - Thoughts on Food- reply, long.

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Sun Sep 13 14:01:05 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/13/98 12:10:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, phlip at bright.net
writes:

> Also, the Japanese have a special delicacy, which if not prepared properly,
>  is so poisonous that if you eat one of these fish, can't think of the name
>  of it, with a drop of the toxin on it, you're dead before you hit the
>  floor.

The word you're looking for is blowfish. Even properly prepared it is somewhat
toxic, and the macho thing to do is to eat it until your fingers and toes
tingle.. THEN stop. Sometimes the tingling starts, or is noticed too late and
the record indicates that several people die a year earing even properly cut
blowfish.

I used to LOVE seafood, untill I started swelling after eating. If I feel the
evening might be a bust or I'm particularly tempted, I have a benidryl chaser
and sleep the rest of the evening. But I don't know if I'd have the nerve to
actually try blowfish.

I like seaweed tho... and veggie sushi. I've eaten some of everything offered
to me, including FRESH roadkill possum. SOOOOO... ::standing:; I'm Corwyn and
I'm an omnivore...

Corwyn